Insecure Writer's Support Group: Peeking In
Hey everyone. I got a moment to pop in for IWSG and I wanted to share some nice news.
I wrote some flash fiction the other week!
I was at River of History and that museum is tucked in a Tribal office building so it can be pretty slow, but that boredom allows me to start thinking (as long as my brain doesn't think of ways I could get trapped inside the museum and murdered by the ghosts and serial killers that my brain is 100% certain is lurking in there.) It was nice. The story flowed nicely. My next few shifts will be at the River so I'm hoping for a few more stories. Cross your fingers for me.
I also want to celebrate finding a work around for the issue I was having using my laptop with bifocals. The bifocal line was in such a bad spot causing strain and headaches. I barely turned my laptop on because I just didn't want to deal with the pain. Well, recently, I pulled out my old glasses and popped a pair of readers over them. Do I look silly? Yes. But can I now look at my laptop comfortably and use it? YES!
In hubby news, he still hasn't had any luck with jobs, but he has found a pivot that he feels is viable. It will require him learning C, but he knows C++ and other languages so it shouldn't be too hard for him. He's smart. But this pivot does mean we'll be riding the struggle bus for a bit longer as he learns the language and then has to find ways to get his foot in doors that will hopefully land him a job. Send him your good vibes.
I hope everyone else's summer is a lot more chill and relaxing and full of writing.
Today's post was part of the Insecure Writer's Support Group.
Created by the ninja captain, Alex J. Cavanaugh, it's a group for writers struggling with writing insecurity (AKA all of us) to gather and discuss their fears or to celebrate writing victories. If you are a struggling writer or need encouragement and friendship, join us. (Someone might have cookies!)
Remember to visit the co-hosts and give them a shout-out for helping. Shannon Lawrence, Diedre Knight, Liza, and Pat Garcia!
Comments
My significant other hasn't had any luck on the job front, either. Sending your hubby all the good vibes.
@Alex, thanks. I hope it works out for him and us.
@Natalie, it's nice. I was dreading getting on my laptop because it was just so uncomfortable to use.
@Shannon, I hear a lot of people who have jobs are holding tightly on to them. I don't blame them.
@CD, I swear you need a lesson in bifocals and how they work when you get them. There is a small learning curve.
@Liza, our fingers and toes are cross that he does eventually.
Post a Comment