Insecure Writer's Support Group: Manifest 2024

It's IWSG day and I'm kinda sorta not doing it. Over on Substack, it's my one year anniversary, so I wrote something about that over there.

I didn't want to let the day go by unnoticed though.

Or feel like I'm starting 2024 off on the wrong foot.

After the way 2023 went, I have serious reserves about 2024 and have repeatedly said I don't trust it already. Yet, I do not want to start the year on negative energy.

But I'm not feeling comfortable to flat out say 2024 will rock either.

Rock, meet Hard Place.

I think my best course of action is to refuse to predict what 2024 will hold. Instead, I'll take it day by day. I have goals and plans, but I'll roll with any punches thrown my way so I can bounce up easier and get back to what I want to achieve.

Totally doable, right?

Today's post was part of the Insecure Writer's Support Group. Kinda.

image of a lighthouse. text reads Insecure Writer's Support Group

Created by the ninja captain, Alex J. Cavanaugh, it's a group for writers struggling with writing insecurity (AKA all of us) to gather and discuss their fears or to celebrate writing victories. If you are a struggling writer or need encouragement and friendship, join us. (Someone might have cookies!)

Remember to visit the co-hosts and give them a shout-out for helping.

Comments

Take it a day at a time! Don't assume the worst, but keep expectations low! It's a lot harder to be disappointed that way. :-)

I do follow your email newsletters, but I admit I don't do much with Substack. It's yet another socially-media-ish account that I don't really want to sign into. I don't know if I'm getting old or what, but I'm just not into keeping up with so many accounts and websites these days.
Jemi Fraser said…
Agreed - one day at a time is a great approach! Flexibility is often the key when dealing with creative stuff. Hope 2024 is kind to you!!!
I think this is a great approach. You've got this!
Patricia JL said…
@CD: at the point, I have zero expectations for 2024. There's no where to go but up!

@Jemi, thank you. I'm trying not to scare it.

@Madeline, fingers crossed.