Insecure Writer's Support Group: Dreaming of Stories

The July 5th question of the month is: 99% of my story ideas come from dreams. Where do yours predominantly come from?

Mine tend to come from all over. Some of them have been from dreams. Others have come from books. Some I can’t even remember how I got the idea. Usually, if something can make me ask, “What if?” then a story might start brewing in my head.


I’m currently melting from the insane humidity in Mississippi. We went down again for my father-in-law’s birthday. He would have been 70 if not for cancer.

meme about having to travel all the times for obligations

Thank you to everyone for wishing my uncle well after his heart attack. He’s doing well, but is grouchy that he had to give up certain foods and cigars, and that he missed the Indy 500 this year. At least from what it looks like from here, he will have many more to come if he behaves with his health.

I’m going to leave it short this month. 2023 is still sus in my opinion, but June wasn’t a bad month. I worked on editing and beta reading for Christine Rains. My fingers are crossed that once we get home next week, there will be NO traveling. At least give us a couple of weekends off.

image of a lighthouse. text reas Insecure Writer's Support Group

Today's post was part of the Insecure Writer's Support Group. Created by the ninja captain, Alex J. Cavanaugh, it's a group for writers struggling with writing insecurity (AKA all of us) to gather and discuss their fears or to celebrate writing victories. If you are a struggling writer or need encouragement and friendship, join us. (Someone might have cookies!)

Remember to visit the co-hosts and give them a shout-out for helping. PJ Colando, Kim Lajevardi, Gwen Gardner, Pat Garcia, and Natalie Aguirre!

 

Comments

Sounds like you got a lot done in June. And may you enjoy a lot more home life in July.
Patricia JL said…
@Lynda, I'm happy with all I got done in June. I kept my expectations low, too because I knew life would be bumpy that month.
Rajani Rehana said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emma said…
Ugh, I've had several consecutive weekends recently that have required me to leave my house. Thanks for name-dropping Substack - I may need to check that out at some point, once I get comfortable with blogging again. May this weekend be more relaxing for you!
Patricia JL said…
@Rajani, thanks.

@Emma, This weekend is flying home so no relaxing. And the next weekend I have a craft show, but at least I only have a 5 minute drive for that.